Monday, February 7, 2011

The Client (1994)

I've watched this movie before, maybe even twice. Yet I've decided to watch it once again. The plot is very common for crime dramas: criminals, cops, and guiltless people in jeopardy. Gosh, haven't we seen that cocktail on our screens million times already?

But what's exciting about this particular movie is the acting. Especially that of Brad Renfro who plays Mark. It was a surprise for me to find out that this was his first role ever, and he hadn't had any acting experience before. And that when he was just 11 yo! Some time ago I've also watched The Cure (1995) with him, and he was acting superb there as well. It's a pity he passed away so young in 2008 because of "accidental" heroin overdose...

A funny thing is the southern accent of some actors. Like saying "hai" for "hi", or "whai" for "why". Also, the movie contains a number of funny scenes, like Reggie's mum: "Nice to meet you, Mark!" after he shuts the car's door and kicks it, and then walks away, or Mark: "Well, I'll just go get hit by a truck and come back."

As I mentioned the movie itself is quite common and doesn't carry any deep thoughts. The plot is full of unrealistic coincidences and situations. I would generally rate it as 5 of 10, but the acting makes it all!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109446/
My vote: 7 of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment